With the market being so saturated, it’s fair to say that there are just as many bad beauty boxes as there are good ones.
This is where we can step in to help you out.
With your money and customer satisfaction in mind, here is a rundown of some contenders for the best UK beauty box.
You can then decide which you think might be the best beauty box for a gift for a loved one – or even for yourself!
If you’re looking to make a real statement with a beauty box purchase, then you can’t do much better than the stunningly curated Apricot Beauty Box. Made and put together lovingly in Germany, the box focuses on cosmetic products that are 100% organic and have been tested for the full range of dermatological tolerances and allergies.
- The contents of the box are 100% organic.
- The company operates a vegan and cruelty free regime, so customers can purchase with an ethical conscience.
- A number of active ingredients are used in the award winning products, including algae, papaya, and turmeric that all have different and effective impacts on your skin.
- The slightly higher price point might be a point of contention for some casual customers, but we think that the Apricot Beauty Box is a great option for a special gift.
Our Rating: 4.7/5
Look no further than this amazing Eco Friendly Product Set if you want a beauty box that covers more than just being able to get ready for a night out on the town. Contains 228 useful items .
- The box contains a wide selection of everyday products that every woman needs, including makeup remover pads, bamboo toothbrushes, and bamboo cotton buds.
- All of these essentials are packaged using zero waste and the box itself is wooden and therefore completely plastic-free.
- The attractive wooden box is a reusable element, meaning that your purchase isn’t just a single use experience.
- There is no makeup in this box, just something to bear in mind if you are looking for a box that has a mixture of essentials and cosmetic treats.
Our Rating: 4.0/5
If travel is a consideration when it comes to your beauty purchases, then this limited edition travel collection from Elemis and Olivia Rubin fits the bill.
- This is definitely a set that can be placed in the luxury goods category, with exquisite design and quality of products.
- Travel is very much the focus of the collection, featuring seven hand-picked face and body essentials that are all described as flight friendly.
- All are housed in a stunning multi-coloured, vibrant, sturdy bag from British designer, Olivia Rubin that will last the owner much more than just a single flight.
- The price point of this particular beauty box is slightly higher than most, but the quality of the products is very much reflected in this cost.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
If you are looking for a high quality makeup collection that is suitable for those special events where making an impact is required, then Elizabeth Arden have you covered with their stunning Sparkle on Holiday collection.
- The box contains eleven full-sized Elizabeth Arden products, picked from the brand’s list of customer favourites to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- Products are included that help to accentuate features including eyes, lips, and cheeks, and the colours used evoke vibes of celebratory events and the holiday season.
- Customers have noted how versatile the products are, with the goal of being able to transition from a day look to night look without having to grab any other items in your collection.
- The colour palette of the collection is predominantly in the pink family, so bear this in mind when thinking about which colours work best for you or for the person you are buying for.
Our Rating: 4.4/5
Don’t be put off by the words ‘starter kit’, this wonderful collection by Jane Iredale is a brilliant gift for someone who wants to explore a basic range of products for a stunning makeup base, or just something that you can treat yourself to.
- Customers are able to select from five different shades, making the kit much more inclusive than some of its competitors.
- The travel case can be described as chic and compact, but there is the added benefit of an extra-large mirror that can come in very handy when on the go.
- The products included in the set are a perfect start base for achieving clear and glowing skin.
- In terms of size, this is not the largest beauty box, so those who are looking to get the absolute most out of their budget might want to assess other offerings first.
Our Rating: 4.2/5
It can be really difficult to put together a great set of products for achieving the perfect face, but luckily INIKA has done all of the hard work for you in the form of this brilliant ‘Face in a Box’ beauty collection.
- The box contains everything that you need to achieve a full face of beautiful makeup, including mineral foundation, mineral bronzer, vegan kabuki brush and vegan contour brush, with extra sample sizes of organic primer, concealer, and foundation.
- There is a real focus in this beauty box of organic and ethical product making, something that is becoming the positive norm in the industry.
- The box comes equipped with professional instructions on how best to use the products, in which order, and the best application techniques.
- Premium prices to replace any items you like enough to want to purchase again.
Our Rating: 4.7/5
If you are especially interested in beauty boxes that are limited edition and not permanently available, then this Mai Couture Glam Kit is the ideal choice. A brand that is loved and respected throughout the industry has really created something that feels special and luxurious.
- Contains a number of Mai Couture’s most popular and loved items, including the Prettyful blush and Crystal Cove highlighter.
- Extra accessories included are high quality items such as a makeup wallet, a portable mirror, and a sturdy glam makeup bag to contain everything in a simple but secure way.
- High quality make up.
- Limited edition.
Our Rating: 4.2/5
Ultimately, the fun thing about beauty boxes is that you are able to sample a small amount of product from a variety of different brands without having to spend a lot of money on large quantities.
Beauty boxes give customers the chance to experiment with a high number of brands and styles, helping them to discover what works best for them and letting them find products and items that will then go on to become their absolute staple products. Why not treat yourself or your loved one to a different beauty box every now and then in order to keep the rotation fresh?